New Small Business Bushfire Support Grant
Simplified application process for quick access to $10,000
If your small business has experienced a significant decline in revenue as a result of the NSW 2019-2020 bushfires (beginning in August 2019), and it’s located within the Port Macquarie-Hastings LGA, you may be eligible for the $10,000 small business support grant.
The application process for this grant has been simplified so eligible small businesses can access funds as quickly as possible.
The grant may be used for, but is not limited to:
- meeting standard business costs, including utilities, salaries and rent
- seeking financial advice to support the recovery of the business
- adjusting the business to be viable in the changed local context following the bushfires
- developing the business and extending business reach through marketing and communications activities, or
- improvements to make the business more resilient to future disasters.
Note: The definition of ‘a decline in revenue as a result of bushfire’ may include multiple scenarios. However, this evidence requirement is clearly demonstrated when the business was in a defined disaster area and subject to either:
- an evacuation order or tourism leave order
- other supply chain interruptions or stock damage resulting in reduced sales, such as road closures and utility disconnections, or
- significantly reduced customer numbers, such as through consumer perception of danger and smoke haze.
For more information or to apply for the grant, visit the Service NSW website.