Job Vacancy - Administration Assistant
About the Camden Haven Chamber of Commerce
Camden Haven Chamber of Commerce (CHCC) is the membership association for businesses, organisations and individuals who want to be informed and contribute to issues affecting business in the Camden Haven, from John’s River in the South to Lake Cathie in the North and Comboyne in the West.
CHCC’s vision is to be the leading body representing and supporting the Camden Haven business community providing opportunities innovation and sustainable economic and community development. Our mission is to drive and foster opportunities that support local business and build a stronger community within the Camden Haven.
General operations of CHCC include professional development workshops, networking events, business and community representation and community events. CHCC currently employs a part-time Executive Officer to undertake the daily operations of the Chamber and contracts a Market Coordinator to run the Laurieton Riverwalk Market.
About the Position
CHCC is currently seeking an Administration Assistant to support the Executive Officer in running the day to day operations of the CHCC. *Please note: A job-share role/senior role will be considered should an applicant present suitable skills and experience*
This role will include assisting with:
- Liaising with CHCC members and customers,
- General administration including database management, website content management, online surveys, document writing and cloud-based file management,
- Digital communications management including social media accounts, website content and e-newsletters,
- Organising of events including professional development workshops, networking events and community events,
- Grant application writing,
- Bookkeeping including issuing invoices and filing bills, and
- Additional project work.
Commencement Date: February 2020
Term: 12 months
Nature of engagement: Casual
Hours of work: 7.5 hours per week. The hours of work will be flexible but will need to be negotiated with the Executive Officer. This position is likely to require an evening shift approximately once a month.
Award: MA000002 – Clerks—Private Sector Award 2010
Classification: To be determined depending on candidate experience, qualifications and skills
Hourly rate: Award rate plus 9.5% superannuation
Location: While the Administration Assistant can work remotely or from home, it is expected that they will be based in the Camden Haven and have their own transport to be able to assist the Executive Officer with visiting businesses and attend meetings and events in the Camden Haven area if required.
Reporting to: Executive Officer
CHCC is looking an individual with the following skills and experience to fill this position:
- Strong customer focus and customer service skills,
- Competent in the use of basic computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and email,
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks,
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal, and
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Skills and experience using digital platforms including WordPress, MailChimp, Social Media, Survey Monkey,
- Skills and experience planning and coordinating events,
- Skills and experience writing grant applications, and
- Skills and experience using Xero (bookkeeping software).
How to Apply
We encourage anyone with a passion for administration, events management, tourism, business development or community development to apply for this position. We are open to considering applications from entry level to senior/experienced personnel.
To apply for this position, please address each of the selection criteria by outlining and demonstrating your relevant skills and/or experience.
Please send your letter of application, selection criteria and resume to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 24th January 2020
Applications close: 5pm AEDT Friday 24th January 2020