Election of Office Bearers
Do you have a great idea for Camden Haven businesses and the wider community?
Here’s your opportunity to drive that project and provide input into the activities of the Camden Haven Chamber of Commerce through access to the Chamber’s resources, contacts and partnerships.
We are excited to announce the next Election of Office Bearers will be held at our Annual General Meeting on 30th October 2019 at the Kendall Showground.
All positions will be declared vacant. Any financial member of the Camden Haven Chamber of Commerce can nominate for any of the following positions:
Committee member x 3
iKew Sub-committee Representative
Slice of Haven Sub-Committee Representative
TMC Sub-committee Representative
Want to know more about these positions?
If you would like to know more about any of these roles, please contact our Executive Officer, Marisha Woods on 0400467848 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or a position description.
How do you nominate?
Nominations of candidates must be made in writing, proposed and seconded by two members of the association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate using the Nomination Form. Completed nomination forms must be sent to the Secretary via email@example.com by no later than 5pm, 23rd October 2019.
How does the election work?
As per our constitution:
- If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
- If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining on the committee are taken to be casual vacancies.
- If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.
- If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
- The ballot for the election of office-bearers and ordinary members of the committee is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the committee may direct.
- Associate members are precluded from holding any position on the management committee.
If you’re considering nominating for a position, we would love to hear from you. We encourage you to get in contact with a member of our team and learn more about the benefits of being a part of the management committee!